Who doesn't love a good slurp on an ice lolly on a hot summer's day? Calippo's are a firm memory from my childhood days running around the park with a big, sticky grin on my face. When I found this ice lolly mould online it seemed only right that I try and create my own fruity concoctions; perfect for the more health conscious among us who are still striving for that 'summer bod' and avoiding the ice cream van like the plague.
BLUEBERRY ICE LOLLIES250g blueberries
100ml natural yoghurt
1 tsp honey
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or a food processor.
- Whizz until you a thick liquid, taste and add a little more honey if you would like a sweeter tasting lolly.
- Divide the blueberry mixture between the ice lolly moulds, you will get 4/5 lollies, place a stick in each mould and place the lid on top.
- Carefully place in the freezer and leave for at least 4 hours.
WATERMELON AND KIWI ICE LOLLIES170g watermelon
0-4 tsp sugar
- Chop up the watermelon, removing the rind, and place in a blender or food processor.
- Whizz until it turns into liquid, taste and add a tsp of sugar at a time until you get the sweet taste you like.
- Divide the mixture between the ice lolly moulds, you will get 4 lollies.
- Place a stick in each mould and place the lid on top. Put in the freezer and leave for 3 hours.
- For the kiwi layer, whizz the kiwi and 25ml of water in a blender. Again add a tsp of sugar at a time until you get the sweetness you like.
- Pour the kiwi mixture on top of the already frozen watermelon mixture.
- Return to the freezer and leave for 4 hours.
What would flavour ice lolly would you recommend? I can't wait to use my moulds again...yup, ice lolly mould nerd over here!