The recipe is a little different to what you/I am used to baking; have you ever used icing sugar for anything other than buttercream or a light dusting? But the results are out of this world!
INGREDIENTS270g plain flour
220g icing sugar
150ml whole/whipping cream
100g melted butter
1 lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 24cm Bundt tin and sprinkle flour around the tin once greased.
- Add the eggs and icing sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat on a medium speed until light and fluffy. (This does take around 6/8 minutes, don't worry it will look like it isn't doing anything for a little while but it will come together.)
- Melt the butter and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then, alternating with the cream, pour into the egg mixture and gently fold until mixture is combined.
- Once combined with the flour and cream; gently fold in the lemon zest, vanilla and butter until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes. Until the cake has risen, is golden brown and skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then dust with icing sugar.
As always if you do give this cake a try please share your pictures with me on Instagram or Twitter I'd love to see them!