So yes, as soon as I saw these I knew I had to make them, any excuse to eat party rings*
*Disclaimer: more party rings were eaten in the making of these cupcakes than used as decoration...
INGREDIENTS125g unsalted butter
125g caster sugar
125g self-raising flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
as many sprinkles as you want!
160g unsalted butter
320g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp whole milk
your favourite colour food colouring
white chocolate to melt and drizzle
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, add to the mixture and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, add a little milk until the mixture is workable. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases about half full.
- Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and springy to touch. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then move to a wire rank and leave to cool completely.
- For the icing beat the butter until light and fluffy, add half the icing and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of whole milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add your chosen food colouring and mix until you get the desired shade- i think a pastel colour works best!
- Pipe onto the cupcakes, then drizzle some melted white chocolate across the top of each cake.
- Add a party ring and voila your cupcakes are finished and sure to impress.
What's your favourite biscuit? I'd love to turn them into a cupcake next time!