The ultimate indulgence...Rocky Road. What's not to love about this chocolaty, buttery, marshmallowey childhood treat?
So easy to make...anyone can do it!
300g dark chocolate (at least 70% coco)
125g unsalted butter
3 tbsp. golden syrup
200g digestive biscuits
100g mini marshmallows
100g glacier cherries
icing sugar to dust
- Break the chocolate into pieces add to a saucepan with the butter and golden syrup. Heat over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally until melted and mixed together.
- Remove from the heat and set aside 125ml until later.
- Place the biscuits in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin until there are crumbs and some whole pieces of biscuit remaining.
- Fold the biscuits into the chocolate mixture in the saucepan until combined then add the marshmallows and cherries.
- Tip the mixture into a 24cm square baking tin and smooth the top so it is level.
- Pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top.
- Leave in the fridge for at least two hours or, ideally, overnight.
- Remove from the fridge, cut into rocky road fingers and dust with icing sugar.