100g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
300g self-raising flour
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking powder
150g fresh blueberries (you can use dried if you prefer)
- Line your muffin tray with 12 muffin/cupcake cases and preheat your oven at 180C.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat your eggs then add half to the butter and sugar, beat until combined. Add the rest of your eggs and beat again.
- Once combined add the flour and baking powder. This will make a thick batter- don't worry this is what it's supposed to be like at this stage!
- Once you have your thick batter, stir in the vanilla extract and the milk. This will loosen the batter and make it more workable.
- Add the blueberries and fold these into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into your cases about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the baking tray and then transfer to a wire rack.
I can't wait to see your creations!