Halogen Pendent / Shoji Screen / White Side Table / Hanging Brass Pendant / Marble Wall Clock / Brass Chair / Acacia Salad Servers /
Myself and Dan are in the stage of buying a house which means my relatively tame interiors obsession is now in overdrive. Where I once had one interiors board on Pinterest I now have specific boards per rooms, per theme, I even have boards focused on a piece of furniture. If you're an interiors fanactic too you can find me here.
I love the Scandinavian look and I intend to add some warmth with country accents. Hopefully it will work out just as I picture it in my head! For now here are some pieces (and a bathroom) that I recently found and love.
There'll be plenty more wish lists to come so watch this space!
Sunday, 2 August 2015
175g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
zest 2 lemons
100g natural yoghurt
175g melted and cooled butter
1 tbsp poppy seeds
225g softened butter
400g icing sugar
1 juiced lemon
poppy seeds to decorate
- Heat your oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Mix the flour, poppy seeds, sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the yoghurt until combined and then pour into the dry mixture with the melted butter.
- Mix together until all the mixtures are combined and lump free.
- Divide the mixture between your cases, one tbsp per case tends to be just right.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. The cakes will be quite pale in colour so don't use this as a measure for how 'done' they are.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then lift out onto a wire rack
- To make the icing beat the butter in a large bowl until softened. Beat in half of the icing sugar and the lemon juice until combined.
- Beat in the rest of the icing sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- To get the same effect as me, using a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe each cake. Sprinkle poppy seeds over your finished cupcakes.
As always be sure to share your pictures with me on Twitter and Instagram.