Hi my name is Lizzie and I am addicted to red noses. Since taking these photos I have bought at least another 10 noses, I can't help myself. They are always by the till and at £1 I just think, 'oh I'll have another one'. I think Dan is a little worried...
We are having a bake sale at work for Comic Relief and I thought this delicious and oh so simple butterfly bun recipe would be perfect for myself and anyone else thinking of baking for this day.
115g self-raising flour
115g caster sugar
115g butter, softened
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
55g butter softened
115g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with bun cases.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the mixture bit by bit, mixing continually. This will ensure the mixture does not curdle.
- Using a metal spoon gently fold in the flour until it is all combined. Add the vanilla essence and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the bun cases, around halfway. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until risen and golden in colour.
- Whilst your cakes are baking make the buttercream topping. Whisk the butter until light and fluffy, gradually whisk in the icing sugar until combined completely.
- Leave the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the tray then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool cut a slice from the top and cut in half to make the 'wings'.
- Spoon the buttercream into the newly created hole in the top of the cake and arrange the wings how you want them.
- Dust with a little icing sugar to decorate and enjoy!
Simple cakes that look rather impressive (if you ask me) that are perfect for any bake sale; I promise every single one of you will be able to create these tasty treats!
Are you doing anything for Comic Relief? Have you bought a red nose?