Terry's Chocolate Orange is my favourite chocolate so when I found this chocolate orange cookie recipe years ago I couldn't wait to make them. It soon became a firm favourite and I quickly realised what a crowd pleaser they are. This batch of 12 cookies lasted just one day! I don't think there is anything better than warm cookies straight out of the oven with a cold glass of milk; I'm drooling just thinking about it!
110g unsalted butter
200g brown sugar
1 medium egg
1/2 tsp of baking powder
30g cocoa powder
165g plain flour
1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g of Terry's chocolate orange cut into chunks
- Preheat your over to 195 degrees, line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and put to the side until later.
- Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat in until it is fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of coda, cocoa powder and pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients together until a dough starts to form.
- Finish by folding the chocolate chunks into the dough with a metal spoon until combined.
- Now the mixture is ready. Divide into similar sized balls and place on the baking trays. Spread out evenly leaving enough room for them to grow in size. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they start to crack on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for five minutes; they will harden a little which makes it easy to move them onto a wire rack to cool completely. If you can wait that long!
- Once cooled enjoy with a cool glass of wine or create a vanilla ice cream cookie sandwich. YUM!